Opis forum

• Index
  •  » Na temat NLD
  •  » Polymixia - a serious and complex developmental disability

#1 2018-09-14 23:22:55

valkosipuli nca14

Gość

Polymixia - a serious and complex developmental disability

I coined the term "polymixia" (from poly, poli - "many" and "mix") to describe developmental conditions characterised by problematic symptoms in many areas:
- social (such as being bullied in school by years or having lack of friends),
- communicational (for example having dyssemia - nonverbal communication impairment),
- emotional (such as intense special interests),
- thought content (for example magical thinking associated with OCD),
- activities (like stimming, hyperkinetic behaviors, restlessness, tics),
- executive functioning (for example problems with making decisions),
- somatic (such as poor physical strenght and endurance, perinatal insults, intolerance of gluten and casein),
- sensory (like poor bearing of unpleasant physical stimuli or idiosyncratic sensory processing),
- cognitive (such as dysharmonic IQ profile or intellectual disability),
- motoric (clumsiness or developmental coordination disorder, dyspraxia) to a different degree).

For me polymixias are pervasive developmental disorders in full meaning of that phrase. They include even more than just psychiatric symptoms (can have physical component in it, not necessarily associated with neurology). I am diagnosed with a pervasive developmental disorder and can conceptualise it as polymixia. I have more than one psychiatric diagnosis. Firstly I used the term "polymixia" to describe a group of aucorigic individuals with "schizo" symptoms, multiple-complex developmental disorder (MCDD, McDD) might be an inspiration to coin the term "polymixia".

Pragmatic language impairment is less-ecompassing term that social communication disorder and spatial learning disability appear to describe narrower group of symptoms than the term, label "nonverbal learning disability". I suppose that many or even most individuals with NVLD or SCD have polymixia. Polymixia is a counterpart of MCDD, it is the term even wider than MCDD.

My polymixia ecompasses AS, OCD, StD (schizotypal disorder), perhaps also NVLD and SCT (sluggish cognitive tempo), my prenatal insults leading to low birth weight and apparent asymmetric hypotrophy, poor endurance and strenght. It is a serious and complex developmental disability.

• Index
  •  » Na temat NLD
  •  » Polymixia - a serious and complex developmental disability

Stopka forum

RSS